The TDI Advanced Nitrox Course stands as your gateway to exploring gas blends with oxygen levels of up to 100% and mastering the utilization of stage bottles. This course caters to both divers seeking extended dive times and those aspiring to advance their skills for more complex courses, including decompression procedures.
Where Will You Dive During the Course?
The theoretical aspect of this course is conducted online and in our dedicated classroom space. Practical skills and drills begin in the pool and continue at the lakes in Santa Rosa. Blue Hole, Rock Lake, Navajo Lake and the Bottomless Lakes are all possible dive sites.
What Will You Learn in the Advanced Nitrox Course?
This comprehensive course blends dive theory, in-water skill refinement, and scenario-based training to equip you with the competence to independently plan and execute advanced nitrox dives post-certification.
Advanced Nitrox Theory:
- A comprehensive examination of the benefits and risks associated with the use of high-oxygen blends in diving.
- Proficient comprehension and vigilant monitoring of oxygen exposure levels.
- Insight into narcosis risks and essential precautions.
- Crafting customized gas blends suited for varying depths to optimize bottom time.
- An introduction to the advantages of incorporating nitrox or oxygen as decompression gases in advanced diving.
- Addressing challenges linked to the utilization of various gas blends within a single dive.
- Managing emergency scenarios arising from gas blend variations during a dive.
- Stage bottle configuration and the associated techniques.
- Determine air consumption rates.
- Proficient execution of gas switching following established team protocols.
- Deploy and use a lift bag.
- Manage a diver experiencing convulsions at depth.
- Demonstrate buoyancy control; ability to hover at fixed position in water
- column without moving hands or feet
- Show good awareness of buddy and other team members through communications, proximity and team oriented dive practices
- Manage a primary regulator free flow
- Conduct stops while maintaining neutral buoyancy and trim
- Share air with buddy as both recipient and donor in a controlled manner while maintaining position in water column
- Demonstrate correct body position and appropriate trim
- Demonstrate proper stress analysis and management
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver , Advanced Diver, or equivalent
- Provide proof of 25 logged open water dives
- Certification as a TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- TDI Intro to Tech, TDI Sidemount or equivalent
$300 per day for a single student, $260 for two and $250 for 3.
Start your eLearning now!