Expand your skills and equipment configuration
Sidemount is an introductory technical diving course that will expand your abilities and open a world of possible technical training.
Open Water and be at least 18 years old.
Sidemount, What you can expect to learn:
- Gas matching procedures
- Equipment considerations
- Equipment and problem solving
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include the following:
- Demonstrate various propulsion techniques such as the frog kick, modified frog kick, modified flutter kick, back kick, and helicopter turns.
- Demonstrate adequate buoyancy control; ability to hover at a fixed position in the water column without moving hands or feet
- Demonstrate adequate trim; ability to maintain proper position during the descent, bottom, and ascent portion of the dive
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the following exercises while maintaining trim and buoyancy in the water column:
- Perform gas switches with and without a mask
- Demonstrate the ability to manage gas safely
- Deploy a lift bag
Sidemount minimum certification requirements:
- Perform all land drills and dive requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Maintain an appropriate level of awareness and respect for the environment
Start your eLearning now!